What does the ombudsperson do?
The VCU ombudsperson provides assistance to help manage and resolve disputes, manage conflicts, and learn more productive ways of communicating. The ombudsperson can offer:
- a confidential, neutral, impartial and independent perspective;
- help clarify issues and interests;
- assist in identifying goals and develop and consider a range of options;
- coach visitors in written and verbal communication;
- provide appropriate referrals;
- facilitate one-on-one or group discussions;
- act as a neutral third party to discussions;
- help the visitor review options and develop strategies.